Treatment performed by: Dr Cristina
Product used: Mastelli Polynucleotides
Session duration: 40 minutes
Downtime: blebs could be visible up to 48 hours, depending on the area treated and product used
After Treatment: some swelling and redness
Results last for: several months
Price: from £ 350, depending on how many areas to treat
What are Polynucleotides
Polynecleotides are a sequence of nucleotides, as in DNA or RNA, bound into a chain.
They are a Regenerative Medicine tool.
They have several biological effects such as:
- Stimulation of cells proliferation, especially fibroblasts
- Skin regeneration and tissue repair
- Collagen and Elastin synthesis
- Hyaluronic Acid synthesis
- Increased skin hydration
- Angiogenesis induction (new blood vessels production)
- Melanogenesis inhibition
Polynucleotides can be used to treat a huge variety of skin conditions such as:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- sun induced damage
- enlarged pores
- acne scars
- atrophic scars
- skin dryness
- excessive production of oils and sebum
- skin elasticity
- boost hydration and skin glow
- hair loss
- before and after plastic surgery
- wound healing
- before and after hair transplant
The treatment can be safely used on the full face, neck, around the eyes, eyelids, back of hands, décolleté, legs, arms, glutes and scalp.
The result will be an improvement in skin quality in terms of radiance, glow and youthfulness, a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles appearance, skin tightening.
They can be used in association with many other medical aesthetic treatments such as microneedling, chemical peels, laser, radiofrequency, IPL, skin boosters and surgery.
Is there any downtime and are there any side effects:
Polynucleotides can be injected using a needle or a cannula, it’s a well tolerated treatment with little downtime (blebs could be visible up to 48 hours, depending on the area treated and product used).
You can develop mild short-term redness, tenderness, swelling, bruising and a sense of warmth that will settle spontaneously.
When Should I have Polynucleotides?
The recommended number of sessions will be established during the initial consultation with Dr Cristina. The usual recommendation is to start with 3 sessions at 3-4 weeks intervals, then every 3-4 months for maintenance.
Who will be performing the treatment?
The treatment is performed by Dr Cristina, using one of the Mastelli polynucleotides products.
What are the aftercare instructions?
- Avoid touching the treated areas for 6 hours after the treatment. After that the area can be washed with a gentle cleanser
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid strenuous exercises and swimming, to avoid risk of infection
- Avoid alcohol consumption for 24 hours before and after the treatments, to minimise bruising
- Apply SPF 30 or 50.
Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated areas to intense heat (eg. sauna, steam rooms, hot showers, and sunbathing) or extreme cold.
Dr Golfomitsos conducts consultantions and treatments in 3 convenient central London locations: